True Enough For You

Check your thighs in the mirror, ma. I'm done.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lecciones Uno, Dos y Tres

I have been living without my big tv for a while now. I would love to be able to say that it’s some sort of valiant anthropological experiment about media and communication, but Best Buy and Phillips have taken turns dicking me around. Anyway, I am trying to make the best of it by only using my little tv for emergencies and doing other things to keep me occupied. That means, if you are reading this, I probably need your help. A man can only read so much, and I have a short attention span. This, however, is not a full-fledged cry for help…yet.

That being said, I am reading “The Know It All” right now by A.J. Jacobs. It’s about a guy who reads the encyclopedia. It’s interesting, sprinkled with lots of minutiae and how the reading is affecting his life. It hasn’t really grabbed hold of me quite yet. I am on Chapter G and still hopeful. I need a good book suggestion; I haven’t read anything amazing in a while, maybe not since “Middlesex.”

JC and I had a conversation about his sickness:
-“I am going to the doctor. I am very sick, but don’t worry, my mom has already diagnosed it as AIDS.”
-“Ah, I see our moms attended the same medical school.”
-“Probably. And you’re a bad tier 1 friend for not bringing me soup and clear liquids.”
-“I have to go.”

Just recently, I have ‘kind of’ started the Spanish lessons I wanted to take this year (one of the many resolutions). These lessons, however, are unofficial and have consisted mostly of labeling body parts en espanol. The good is news is that not only is el culo pleasing to the teacher, but I also have excellent diction for a gringo. I hope to start the real lessons soon. Puedo entender espanol si se habla muy despacio. I am slow like that.

I actually had a dream about quizzo last night, which I believe makes me the most pathetic person alive. Than again, I had a dream right after that in which my father wouldn’t allow me to take a shower. How obvious. That said, let’s hope the quizzo streak continues.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home