True Enough For You

Check your thighs in the mirror, ma. I'm done.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I Couldn't Make This Shit Up

A play in One Act, One Scene.

By way of background, Elton John just came on the radio at work. "Bennie and the Jets." The resulting conversation took place:

Sandy: Shit, I always said Elton John should have been born black.
Zach: He's gay, that's pretty close.
S: Elton John is GAY? You're kidding me!
Z: [stunned silence]
S: Well, I guess I should have known. I just saw on the news he's getting one of those same-sex marriages.
Z: Yeah, only the gays are interested in that.
S: I may not be too quick, but I can break it down.

Sandy then starts to sing "Bennie and the Jets" and, indeed, breaks it down as promised.

S: Shit, you know who else should be black? The Doobie Brothers.

"Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx comes on the radio. Sandy continues to sing "Bennie and the Jets."

End Scene.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please ask Sandy to come to Quiz night. Can you imagine how SHE would handle cheaters in the bathroom?! --Karen

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger JD said…

    Just about the best thing I've heard all damn day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home