True Enough For You

Check your thighs in the mirror, ma. I'm done.

Friday, June 10, 2005

100 Things About Me

Yes, I know I have been absent for a few days; thanks for all the reminders.

Until I can write about the last couple days, I will post this list I have been working on. Many other blogs contain the 100 Things Challenge, and a couple people told me I should do it. Since I respond to peer pressure and procrastination, without further ado, here are 100 things about me:

100 Things

1. My full name is Zachary Roman W********.
2. I hate tomatoes, but I love all derivatives therefrom.
3. My feet have touched the ground of 3 continents.
4. I have worked as a drug courier, bartender, lawyer, carpet layer, tour guide, waiter, bank teller and in the funeral business, among other little jobs.
5. I was baptized Eastern Orthodox (due to a coinflip) and confirmed Methodist.
6. I envy people who can fall asleep easily at night.
7. My ears are entirely different shapes and look like they should be on 2 separate heads.
8. Wintergreen is my favorite type of mint.
9. I sing second tenor.
10. I have blue eyes and hair that turns blond in the summer.
11. I like to read several books at one time.
12. I have met both female Supreme Court Justices.
13. I saw the Space Shuttle Challenger blow up live and in person.
14. I am afraid of eye doctors.
15. People often cannot tell when I am joking.
16. My first car was a 1991 Chevy Cavalier that was named Conchita.
17. I used to keep a copy of a novel at all times in my glove compartment in case I nroke down somewhere and needed to read.
18. I have been in love with a woman and a man.
19. I can barely get by in Spanish.
20. I am nocturnal by nature. Much like the rap group.
21. My favorite concert I have ever seen was Travis.
22. I was raised in Peckville, Pa. I lived a block away from my grandparents.
23. I am allergic to dogs and cats. My family discovered this when I was 2 and playing with a dog at a playground. I broke out so badly that it looked like I was beaten with a frying pan. The hospital to which I was taken called Child Services. Ha.
24. Regardless, my family got a dog when I was in high school. A boxer, Jasmine.
25. I am able to grow a full beard, but it’s in everyone’s best interest that I do not.
26. I have a scar above my left eyebrow from when a shovel got thrown at my head.
27. Once a moth got stuck in my right ear. It was rescued alive and set free in the emergency room.
28. I wear a silver ring on my left thumb.
29. I am very mean when I wake up in the morning.
30. I think one can be both outspoken and softspoken.
31. Both of my parents are conservative Republicans. I am decidedly not so.
32. Sometimes my birthday falls on Thanksgiving.
33. My Grandfather and I share the same birthday.
34. I am a Sagittarius born in the Year of the Snake.
35. I do not drink hot beverages. I don’t understand them.
36. I learned to swim at the same time I learned to walk.
37. I have never broken a bone, but doctors discovered (when I was 22) that I was born with a broken bone in each foot that went unnoticed. I just got used to it.
38. The only video games I have ever truly enjoyed have involved Mario, trivia or both.
39. The first album I ever owned was Thriller by Michael Jackson.
40. Law School was the first time I ever studied in earnest.
41. If I were born female, my name would have been Emelyn Marlo.
42. I was almost kidnapped in a KayBee toy store, and I can still give an accurate description of the kidnapper.
43. My family owns a funeral home.
44. I went through a phase as a teenager in which I frequently oil painted.
45. I have played the xylophone, trumpet, French horn and mellophone.
46. I have worn glasses on and off since seventh grade. I lost my first pair after 3 weeks.
47. I was valedictorian of my high school class.
48. I think guilt is a terrible emotion, but a necessary one.
49. I miss the show 120 Minutes on MTV.
50. My parents are divorced and have been for quite some time.
51. I am the only person in my immediate family with naturally curly hair.
52. I don’t like seafood, but I like calamari.
53. I love snow.
54. I like red, orange, purple, yellow and green Skittles, in that order.
55. Low blood sugar makes me have severe mood swings.
56. I love trivia games, and I am pretty competitive about them.
57. I hate when people don’t chew with their mouths closed.
58. I am told I have an extensive vocabulary.
59. I dream in color; I dream every night.
60. I can feign a pretty convincing British accent.
61. I can change a tire on a car all by myself.
62. I give inanimate objects human characteristics. I anthropomorphize.
63. I like Star Wars, but I hate Star Trek.
64. When I was young I threatened to cut my fingers off if I had to take piano lessons. Now I regret not being able to play the piano.
65. I prefer crunchy peanut butter to not crunchy.
66. I give great back rubs because I took a seminar on it in college.
67. I own a digital camera that I don’t use enough.
68. I think cheese is a wonderful food.
69. I like sports a lot more than people think I do.
70. As I get older, I play the "If this hadn't happened to me, then that wouldn't have happened" game more often.
71. I have O Positive blood type.
72. I hate guns, but I am an excellent shot.
73. I love Chinese, Mexican and Italian food.
74. Crazy people are drawn to me; they love me.
75. I saw the Daily Show with john Stewart live before it became the phenomenon it is today.
76. I once went to a mall to meet Jodie Sweetin, Stephanie Tanner on television’s Full House.
77. I have never smoked a cigarette and likely never will.
78. I am on a never ending quest to find the world’s best macaroni and cheese.
79. Unless I have an invested interest in a sports team, I will always root for the underdog.
80. When I can afford to, I would like to decorate my residence with maps.
81. I have only owned one computer in my entire life.
82. I am the shyest extrovert I know. Or perhaps the most gregarious introvert.
83. I believe if someone can quote the movie “Heathers” or “Waiting for Guffman,” he or she can’t be all that bad.
84. I believe that gender exclusivity in prose hurts people.
85. I sing loudly in the car and shower.
86. I always get my Halloween costume at the very last minute.
87. I have an overactive imagination.
88. I often dream that I have conversations with people. I believe that I have had these conversations in real life and get angry that no one understands what I am talking about.
89. I have been student body president of 2 of the 3 schools I have attended. I didn’t try at one of them.
90. I wake up to Sportscenter every morning.
91. I have a hard time comprehending the fact that some people don't read for pleasure.
92. My senior prom date wore a red dress. Sadly and typically, she was in the bathroom peeing when “Lady in Red” was played.
93. I am told I look much younger than I am.
94. I want to name my children after strong literary characters and my grandfather.
95. I was frisked by a policeman once regarding a crime I did not commit.
96. I would like to run a marathon someday.
97. I have déjà vu all the damn time.
98. I am the oldest of three. My siblings have more common sense than I do.
99. I have been very lucky with roommates for the most part.
100. I really love lists.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger JD said…

    I don't know who wasted more time -you writing all that out or me for reading it all, since I knew 99 of the 100 already. I guess that's what I get for living with you for 7 years...

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you really wanted to emphasize your ability to feign a British accent, you should have taken advantage of spelling tire "tyre" in the following line, just for kicks.

    Likewise, in the next line following, you should have simply written, "I anthropomorphize" and let some people get it, and others think you are a Power Ranger.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home