True Enough For You

Check your thighs in the mirror, ma. I'm done.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Help Your Boys Be Boys And Your Girls Be Girls


Blue Steel. Who loves 4 year old pop culture references? I do. Step off.

Hey, nothing’s going on in my life today, so let me hit y’all with some odds and ends.

I should have known as soon as I started making fun of the band of hoodlums painting anything without a pulse (and sometimes with a pulse- not confirmed) in my neighborhood that it was probably a worthy cause. Intrepid “True Enough For You” Asian reporter, AD, informed me the other night that the painters were doing work, filming a Public Service Announcement for the “Know AIDS” campaign. I forgive him his smugness because he cooked me dinner after showing me the error of my ways.

I should feel a bit sheepish about poking fun of the crew, probably volunteering hours upon hours of their time to inform the gayborhood about the AIDS; however, I firmly stand by the fact that they all looked like massive douchebags. That said, check out some of their legitimately creative and earnestly well-meaning work here.

Am I the only one who feels disproportionately, irrationally emotional about the death of Peter Jennings? Just asking. Look away. [sniff sniff.]

Some fun with Craig today:

First of all someone left this open ended invitation to everyone, I assume. I love the person who wrote this. He or she loves to live on the edge. Honestly, who would invite danger in this manner without being totally amazing? I would like to turn this into a field trip. Who’s game?

Meet me at the Mercer Hotel

in SoHo.Wed. August 18 @ 12:10pm.

I am so there. I hope there’s room for all of us!

Yesterday’s inclusion of “tamponhenge” created quite a stir among those readers who menstruate or do not menstruate, alike. For some more tampon art, go here. Bloody fabulous!

Everyone’s favorite group of morally superior bigots, Focus on the Family, has released a list of warning signs for parents to identify if their children are growing up homo. With the help of this list, parents can administer shock therapy to their kids before it’s too late. The guidelines include this zinger: "A tendency to walk, talk, dress and even “think” effeminately." How the hell can you tell if someone is thinking effeminately? [OK. So I may imagine that I am a supermodel every time I hear "Freedom" by George Michael. But still.]

Don’t be totally J, but I spent all of last Friday night being flanked and groped by beautiful girls at KC’s birthday party. OK, there was a lot more flanking than groping, but whatever. What did I do to deserve the company of such lovely ladies? Who knows, but the sun even shines on a dog’s ass some days. The amazing K sisters came to town and got to live out their blog fantasies; that is: hanging out with me. They deserve far more than just a shout out. See below for their incandescent beauty, but be warned, our mortal eyes are not built for so much pretty in one picture. Disregard the vodka-soaked molestor, centrally located.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Zach's picture faces. Never straight into the camera and lips always pursed.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Always nice to have a drink in one's hand; it comes in handy.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The only thing a sun shines on more than a dog's ass here is on those girls. Melanoma anyone?

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when we get rid of Liz, are we still going to be friends. i want to fuck all your friends and ruin your life...call me.

    supacraig

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee, Anonymous at 5:43, thanks so much for your input.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome, Anonymous at 4:44pm! Always here to help.
    --Anonymous around 5:16 pm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home