True Enough For You

Check your thighs in the mirror, ma. I'm done.

Monday, March 20, 2006

I Shouldn't Speak To People Who Don't Already Know Me

While discussing the vitally important series E! True Hollywood Story
at work, the following conversation took place:

Co-worker: MacKenzie Phillips was out all night at parties when she
was 15 years old.

Me: God, when I was 15 I think I was playing with legos. Or I was in
braces and reading the Diary of Anne Frank.

Co-worker: You must have really felt for her.

Me: Well, my braces certainly made me feel trapped and isolated.

(awkward pause)

Me: (softly) Sorry I just compared my orthodontic history with the Holocaust.

Co-worker: Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird.

Me: I am going to go to lunch.

And....Scene.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bwahahahaha! Silly co-worker. Don't they know there is NOTHING funnier than a good Holocaust joke?? Especially coming from a fair skinned, light eyed youngin'. Only thing better is a great Scientology joke, just as Isaac Hayes...oh wait....

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger The Pot said…

    braces are to the holocaust as a flat tire is to rape?

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    I'm sure Anne Frank wouldn't mind, knowing what persecution can come with braces and all.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home