7 Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Me
A couple things you need to know:
1. I took a week hiatus for no reason at all besides laziness. Sorry about that. It's also been busy at work, and see #2.
2. Sometime in the next couple weeks I will be starting a new job at a downtown firm. I had an interview on Thursday, and they let me know a couple hours later that they wanted me. I am totally dreading giving my two-weeks notice today, as I know that it will be hard for my current employer to get by without me. That is, I will be easily replaced maybe within minutes. I would say that that's a prevalent theme in my life, were I not so self-centered and monomaniacal. You'll get info as I get it, but not enough for you to stalk me. A boy needs his space.
3. I was home in the Scranton area for the weekend and was shocked to find that a bar there was really, really fun. It had possibly the best selection in a jukebox I have seen in years, people were dancing on the bar and there was even a movement to get a "wave" going from one end of the bar to the other. My delusions of Scrantonian grandeur were brought to a screeching halt after I walked down the street to their only "downtown" gay bar, which left much to be desired in terms of music selection and clientele. However, there was also dancing on the bar there: a five-foot tall, butterfaced stripper with an ill-fitting thong.
4. My brother got engaged, leaving me the only unengaged sibling in my family. He strategically asked me to do him the honor of being his best man a couple days before he told me the wedding was going to be dry. Well played, brother. For reasons that I will never understand (bride's family's alcohol problems, religion, money and God's ongoing campaign to smite me at every opportunity being a short, non-exhaustive list), the wedding will be sans alcohol. And before I could even say anything, he told me that includes flasks. So, I, the oldest sibling in my family, will stand by my brother at the altar, single and sober as a stone, contemplating ways to catch a buzz at the reception while my brother pledges his everlasting love. I blame Jesus. And all of a sudden, I am the good son again. Wheee!
5. In an odd series of events which included someone actually reading this blog, I have been invited to take part in an online blogger conference/interview with the producers and "talent" of America's Next Top Model. That includes Jay Manuel and, brace yourself, Nigel Barker. Apparently, someone from the PR staff of ANTM thought that Matt and I were joking about hating on all the new faux-mods for the new season. They want to extend the purveyors of the blogosphere the "unique opportunity" to comingle with the showdogs. So, if you have any questions for these people, let me know and I will try to pass them on. Please don't ask me to get you a private photo session with Nigel, though, as that will be for me and me only. This probably means that Matt and I will be covering Top Model all. Season. Long. So, stay tuned!
By the way, I didn't get to post it, but our latest edition of Gay/Countergay regarding the amazing Project Runway reunion episode appeared on Nervous Breakdown. It consisted of him making insightful comments and me just emerging from a wine haze the from the night before.
6. If you get a chance to jam out at bar to "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles, "Tell It Like It Is" by Etta James or "Girl" by Beck, do so post haste.
7. I am going to see Belle and Sebastian and the New Pornographers this week, I think. Is it this week? Someone tell me, please.
More later. LYLAS!